For more information, please contact our program coordinator.
How to Apply
- ERAS: 2601100222
- NRMP: 1587260C0
Welcome from our Program Director
To all prospective applicants, we appreciate that you are taking the time to learn more about us and we thank you for your interest! Our orthopedic surgery residency program offers a full range of orthopedic training, as well as research and advocacy opportunities.
The HCA Florida Ocala Hospital Orthopedic Surgery Residency program's mission is to develop the next generation of physicians and physician leaders.
As a part of HCA Healthcare, we are driven by a single mission: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
This program is designed to offer residents a rewarding, educational environment where residents are provided individualized learning opportunities by faculty and staff who support and sustain one another throughout quality care delivery. Our faculty are committed to ensuring the resident's clinical experience and educational needs are fulfilled while expanding residents’ perspectives to be inclusive of cultures, values and ideals.
The aim of the Orthopedic Surgery Residency Program at the University of Central Florida/HCA Healthcare GME is to:
- Expose residents to the breadth of all the orthopedic surgical subspecialties.
- Foster an atmosphere of continuing medical education.
- Support curiosity through a robust research apparatus.
- Promote the discipline of orthopedics in North Central Florida and beyond.
- Expand opportunities in orthopedics through outreach to diverse communities.
Learn more about our programs!
Check out our facilities, faculty and more using our online program guides.
Our expertly crafted programs are designed to provide residents and fellow physicians with all the experiences and training necessary for professional success.
Our Program Director and staff
Our team is comprised of skilled physicians that are experts in their specialty and many subspecialties. These are dedicated and capable mentors that will work with you to perfect your skills and goals.
James P. McFadden
Our research model is based on a “public health” approach, focusing holistically on admission, procedure and post-procedure care supported by the wealth of resources of the HCA Healthcare system. We also emphasize outcomes-related research in the inpatient area and in the clinics.
Salary and benefits information
The following salaries are for the fiscal year 2021-2022 and may differ from future years' salaries.
- PGY1: $53,884
- PGY2: $55,456
- PGY3: $58,590
- PGY4: $60,630
- PGY5: $62,630
- PGY1: three weeks (five working days plus weekend) per academic year
- PGY2: four weeks (five working days plus weekend) per academic year
- PGY3: four weeks (five working days plus weekend) per academic year
More than two continuous weeks of vacation must be pre-approved by the program director.
Residents will accumulate 10 days of sick leave over each academic year.
Available pending program director approval
We provide the following coverage for our residents:
- Low-cost medical and dental coverage for both residents and family
- Disability policy with the option to purchase additional coverage
- Automatic enrollment in a life insurance policy that offers a basic life benefit of $25,000
- Professional liability insurance
401(a) FICA Alternative Plan
- ACLS, PALS training and certification provided by the hospital at no charge
- ATLS training and certification provided by the hospital at no charge
- Laptop computer to access electronic medical records and library from the hospital or home
- iPhone for daily email access and work contact.
- Lab coat and scrubs