For more information, please contact our program coordinator.
How to apply
- ACGME: 1411114006
- NRMP: 2235141F0
Welcome from Our Program Director
Our HCA Healthcare/USF Morsani College of Medicine GME Cardiology Fellowship Program aims to be the premier provider of exceptional care, concentrating on quality healthcare services for the community. We also strive to provide a therapeutic atmosphere that is focused on the safety of patient, clinical excellence, and service to our patients by treating every patient like family and offering services that address the dynamic needs of the local physician and patient populations. We are part of HCA Healthcare GME, whose overall mission is to contribute to the care and improvement of human life.
- 340-bed all-private-room hospital
- Admit from three free-standing Emergency Rooms in addition to on-campus ED
- Acute-care programs include Emergency Care, Heart and Vascular, Spine and Orthopedics, Cancer Care, and Women's Health
The goals of our cardiovascular disease fellowship program are to:
- Improve life in a healing environment;
- Train Cardiology Fellows to be knowledgeable and experienced;
- Develop Cardiology Fellows into leaders and role;
- Nurture an academic environment of clinical excellence that is encouraged by meaningful research, effective communication, and lifelong learning;
- Inform residents on the fundamentals of high quality and cost-effective patient care; and,
- Prepare residents to become independent practitioners in all aspects of patient care upon graduation from the program.
Curriculum and rotation schedule
Our curriculum meets or exceeds ACGME and COCATS requirements.
- Daily Noon Conferences
- Faculty and Fellow Lectures
- Monthly Journal Club
- Weekly Board Prep
Our Program Director and staff
Our team is comprised of skilled experts with deep experience and knowledge from which residents and fellows can benefit.
Rias Ali, MD
Rias Ali, MD, Program Director, has served as faculty for Trinity's internal medicine residency since the start of that program. He completed his fellowship training at USF Morsani College of Medicine in 2012 and maintains board certification in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology.
Salary and benefits
- 20 Days Paid Time Off (includes holidays/sick time)
- Up to 5 Days Paid Time Off for Education/Testing
- Medical/Dental available
- ITE Exam every year
- Multiple learning resources including Board review
- Enhanced online access to ACC Cardiosource Plus, Mayo Clinic, USF didactics via WebEx, textbook library and other learning resources