For more information about our program, please contact Robert Zambrano, MBA/HRM, residency program coordinator, at (915) 263-6931.
How to apply
The Las Palmas Del Sol Medical Center Transitional Year Residency Program’s mission is to develop the next generation of physicians and physician leaders. As a part of HCA Healthcare, we are driven by a single mission: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
This program is designed to offer residents a rewarding, educational environment where residents are provided individualized learning opportunities by faculty and staff who support and sustain one another throughout quality care delivery. Our faculty are committed to ensuring the residents' clinical experience and educational needs are fulfilled while expanding residents’ perspectives to be inclusive of cultures, values, and ideals.
Thank you for your interest in the Transitional Year Residency Training Program at HCA Healthcare Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare.
The Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education approved the Transitional Year residency program in April 2019.
The main teaching sites for the transitional year program are Del Sol Medical Center and Las Palmas Medical Center, both in sunny El Paso, Texas.
Both medical centers are structured on a solid foundation with excellent teaching physicians and advanced medical equipment making the sites an ideal educational training for resident medical education.
Residents can expect to acquire lifelong clinical experiences within a multi-culture patient population. The clinical knowledge gained will sharpen the resident’s clinical and leadership skills needed to provide quality patient care.
Our program provides instrumental clinical and leadership residency training with an emphasis on extensive in-patient and progressive continuity clinics. Residents will build a dynamic knowledge base and enable them to practice quality healthcare.
- We use hands-on care of patients paired with advanced learning in a stimulating environment where residents can prepare for careers in residency training, fellowship specialty programs, and research.
- We focus on innovative methods in preparation for the challenges of practicing medicine in the 21st Century.
- We provide unique clinical experience within a diverse patient population in a border city.
- We offer a strong and supportive system dedicated to residency educational training for doctors, leaders and researchers of tomorrow.
Get to Know the Team
Micheline Tantchou, MD Program Director
Curriculum & Rotation Schedule
Our expertly crafted programs are designed to provide resident physicians with all the experiences and training necessary for professional success.
- Health insurance benefits (health/dental/vision) coverage effective on day 1 of residency
- Paid Time Off
- Electronic devices provided
- Meal Plan
- Two lab coats provided each contract year
- Malpractice insurance provided
- 401(k) Plan Participation available
- Allowance toward educational material and travel for the purpose of scholarly activity