Welcome from our program director
Thank you for your interest in the Sunrise GME Consortium Gastroenterology Fellowship Program. This is an ACGME-accredited 3-year program based at Southern Hills Hospital and MountainView Hospital in Las Vegas and is in partnership with Comprehensive Digestive Institute of Nevada. We typically accept 3 new fellows per year.
About our program
- Positions: 3 fellows accepted every year
- Hospital Locations: Mountain View Medical Center and Southern Hills Hospital
- Clinic Location: 9260 W Sunset Road Las Vegas, NV 89148
- Salary & Benefits
- Education fund provided which covers society memberships
- Meals provided in hospital
- Health benefits
- Physician lounge access
- Simulation center and hands-on courses
- Long-term disability, life insurance, and 401K
- Moonlighting is not permitted
- PGY 4: $64,438
- PGY5: $67,330
- PGY6: $70,366
All fellows receive a $950 on-call meal stipend.
Get to know the team
John Ryan, MD,
- US Citizens or individuals with permanent resident status (green card). We do not sponsor visas.
- Successful completion of an Internal Medicine Residency.
- Preference for individuals who graduated from residency no more than 3 years prior to anticipated start date.
- Eligible for Nevada licensure.
- A track record of proven interest and accomplishment in the field of Gastroenterology. Special weight will be given to applicants who have demonstrated a sustained interest or made a significant contribution to the specialty.
- Background and skills that would facilitate the care of underserved demographics within the region will be considered.
- Professional and ethical behavior meeting the highest standard.
- Applicants must be processed through a mandatory background check.
- Applicants not meeting all the requirements may be reviewed for individual merit at the discretion of the selection committee.
Curriculum and rotation schedule
Our expertly crafted programs are designed to provide resident physicians with all the experiences and training necessary for professional success.