Our residency and fellowship programs
are in 66 hospitals located in 16 states
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network with 283,000+ colleagues across 2,300+ care facilities all committed to creating a positive impact every day. We continually invest in our colleagues and facilities to better serve our patients and local communities.
The graduate medical education programs seek to inspire tomorrow’s physicians to care for and improve human life by focusing on patientcentered approaches to practicing the latest evidence-based medicine.
HCA Healthcare Graduate Medical Education is the largest sponsor of residency and fellowship programs across the nation
- 5,009 residents
- 312 fellows
- 236 specialty programs (residencies)
- 84 sub-specialty programs (fellowships)
Each year approximately five percent of all U.S. hospital services happen at an HCA Healthcare facility, including:
- 35+ million patient encounters
- 9.2 million emergency room visits
- 220,000+ babies delivered
HCA Healthcare Graduate Medical Education is a leader in clinical experience:
- Nationally known physician expertise across the country
- Investments in facilities allowing the advancement of patient care
- High emphasis on simulation results and low patient incidents
- Higher patient touch than academic facilities
- Annual collaborative mass casualty event team training
HCA Healthcare Graduate Medical Education provides a critical link between vigorous scholarly activity and real-world patient care from a sophisticated data repository of over 35 million patient encounters each year.
- 3,900+ HCA Healthcare GME scholarly activities in 2021-22
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.