The Medical City Denton Orthopedic Surgery Residency Program's mission is to develop the next generation of physicians and physician leaders. As a part of HCA Healthcare, we are driven by a single mission: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
This program is designed to offer residents a rewarding, educational environment where residents are provided individualized learning opportunities by faculty and staff who support and sustain one another throughout quality care delivery. Our faculty are committed to ensuring the residents' clinical experience and educational needs are fulfilled while expanding residents' perspectives to be inclusive of cultures, values, and ideals.
Get to Know the Team
John Riehl, MD, Program Director
Residents in ACGME accredited programs have many of the same benefits as regular HCA employees. However, there are differences in the retirement plans and the leave policy for residents.
Medical City Denton provides a comprehensive list of personal benefits including but not limited to:
- 401k plan
- Basic health insurance
- Professional liability insurance
- Options for dependent health, dental and life insurance
- (2) personalized lab coats are provided at the beginning of each contract year
- Annual meal stipend
- Work phone and laptop at the beginning of your training
- UWorld/Combank Step 3 provided to all PGY1
- Up to 20 business days (Monday-Friday) of holiday, vacation, professional, sick, or other leave is provided as paid time off
- Dedicated education and research center
- 8,500 square feet includes computer lab, house staff library, and stocked dining area
- On-site call room with stocked kitchen, separate male and female sleep rooms by program, private individual showers, 2 computer stations
- Day care and flexible spending account
- Complimentary parking
- ACLS, BLS renewal