Welcome from our Program Director
Thank you for your interest in the Pain Medicine Fellowship Training Program at Southern Hills Hospital & Medical Center, a member of the HCA Healthcare Graduate Medical Education family, and VA Southern Nevada Health Care System.
About our program
Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center, one of the 250 bests hospitals in America is home to our program as well as 4 successful medical residencies and 3 fellowships. The vast array of advanced medical technologies and infrastructure available will provide you with an excellent training environment supported by a culture of excellence in medical education. Learn more by clicking here. The VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System is one of the fastest growing VA centers in the country, currently serving more than 90,000 veterans.
With chronic pain becoming an increasingly recognized factor in public health, the need to train excellent pain management physicians is more important than ever. The learning experience at SNHD/VA will include close mentoring with experts in the field of pain management with increasing responsibility and independence as the fellows progress.
Las Vegas is a rapidly growing city with so much to offer! It is the entertainment capital of the world, and rapidly growing to be an important player in destination healthcare. Nevada has faced incredible healthcare challenges compounded by our rapid growth. We strive to continually improve our healthcare offerings and grow the needed infrastructure for Nevadans and visitors alike to receive world class healthcare.
Get to Know the Team
Michael Salas, MD
Curriculum and Rotation Schedule
Our expertly crafted programs are designed to provide resident physicians with all the experiences and training necessary for professional success.
Salary & benefits information
- PGY5 – Annual Salary $67,330
- $1,000.00 stipend for Orientation
- $950.00 stipend for on call meals, in addition to meals provided in hospital
- Health benefits, including medical, vision, dental
- Long‐term disability insurance, life insurance, and 401K
- Physicians lounge access
- US Citizens or individuals with permanent resident status (green card).
- Successful completion of an ACGME or AOA Residency
- Eligible for Nevada licensure
- Applicants not meeting all the requirements may be reviewed for individual merit at the discretion of the selection committee.