Welcome from our Program Director
Welcome to the Riverside Community Hospital Radiology Residency Program! On behalf of the Department of Radiology, I am excited to introduce you to our outstanding Southern California program. Launched in July 2020, we are an ACGME accredited 4-year residency that matriculates 4 residents per year.
About our program
The Riverside Community Hospital four-year radiology residency is a training program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). The residency program combines the best of the academic medical center’s subspecialty teaching with the supportive and friendly environment of a community hospital.
Our four-year program has 4 residents at each training level, for a total complement of 16 residents. All of our radiology faculty are fellowship trained and demonstrate strong academic track records. As a relatively young group of radiologists, we are eager to teach and are familiar with the recent revolution in radiology residency training, including the new board exam and curriculum. Our goal is to produce strong general radiologists with exposure to the many subspecialties that radiology has to offer.
Get to Know the Team
Shiv Bhanu, MD - Program Director
Curriculum & Rotation Schedule
Our expertly crafted programs are designed to provide resident physicians with all the experiences and training necessary for professional success.
Salary & Benefits
- Prescription Drugs
- Dental & Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Coverage
- HCA 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Financial Fitness
- Employee Wellbeing Program
- Time Away From Work
- CorePlus Voluntary Benefits (i.e. LifeLock Identity Theft Protection, Legal Benefits, Short-Term Disability, Voluntary Life Insurance, Auto & Home Insurance, Pet Insurance)
- Other Voluntary Benefits (i.e. AirMed Medical Transport, Adoption Assistance, Bright Horizons Family Solutions, Consumer Discounts)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Emphasis on resident education
- No fellows, early exposure to all facets of radiology
- Outstanding fellowship-trained faculty
- Superior clinical training
- Community, inpatient, outpatient, and university hospital rotations
- State-of-the-art equipment
- State-of-the-art PACS, RIS, voice recognition, EMR
- Great location
- Congenial atmosphere
There are several:
- 20 days of annual vacation
- Five discretionary days for medical appointments, unforeseen circumstances, etc.
- Ability to decide when to take vacation with some minor restrictions.
- Ability to participate in call schedule making.
- Coverage for AIRP tuition, ABR fees, and Medical License fees.
- Hospital provided work iPhone and laptop.
- StatDx, eAnatomy, Radprimer, and Radexam Subscriptions.
- Expenses covered for travel costs if presenting research at a conference.
- Dedicated GME building with well stocked resident lounge, state of the art conference rooms, resident gym and individual call rooms.
More advanced and versatile residents
- With no fellows in the way, residents gain direct, hands-on training in diagnostic and interventional procedures that are otherwise reserved for fellows in other programs.
- The relationship between faculty and residents is close and personal, with attendings working one-on-one with residents throughout each day. Case discussions and direct feedback drive each resident to a higher level of clinical competence and confidence.