About our program
Physicians interested in the Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Fellowship program may apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Qualifications to the fellowship include:
- Successful completion of a three-year ACGME-accredited program in internal medicine
- US citizenship or individuals with permanent residence status. This program does not support J-1 or H1-B visas.
- Graduates of foreign medical schools must provide proof of ECFMG Certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
- Must be eligible for Nevada Medical Licensure
Your ERAS application will require the following documentation:
- Three letters of recommendation, including one from the internal medicine residency program director data
- USMLE or COMLEX scores
- Medical school transcripts
- Personal statement
Welcome and thank you for your interest in the Sunrise Health GME Consortium Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Fellowship program. This is an ACGME-accredited 2-year program based at MountainView Hospital and Southern Hills Hospital in Las Vegas.
Our program prepares physicians for rewarding careers in the field of endocrinology. Graduates of this program will be trained and fully equipped to function as clinical endocrinologists, clinical educators, or clinician scientists, depending on their individual career goals.
The City of Las Vegas provides the setting for extensive experience in patient care. The facilities at which fellows rotate add to this experience by providing a diverse patient population ranging from those with common endocrinopathy to those who need advanced multidisciplinary care.
The mission of the program is to steadily improve the quality of care for patients within our region which remains underserved. Our goal is to produce competent endocrinologists who will contribute towards advancing the program’s mission.
Dr. Samer Nakhle, MD, FACE, ECNU
The Sunrise Health Endocrinology Program’s mission is to develop the next generation of physicians and physician leaders. As a part of HCA Healthcare, we are driven by a single mission: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
This program is designed to offer residents a rewarding, educational environment where residents are provided individualized learning opportunities by faculty and staff who support and sustain one another throughout quality care delivery. Our faculty are committed to ensuring the residents clinical experience and educational needs are fulfilled while expanding residents’ perspectives to be inclusive of cultures, values and ideals.
List of leadership and faculty
- Endocrinology Fellowship Program Director: Samer Nakhle MD, FACE, ECNU
- Bijan Ahrari, MD, FACE, ECNU
- Betsy Palal, MD, FACE
- Omid Rad Pour, MD, FACE
- Nicholas Vernetti, MD, FACE